With Canvas, maintenance isn't something you pay for. Whether you're stopping in for a routine oil change, or driving a lot and seeing something due for replacement, you can visit an approved service center knowing that you won't face unexpected costs to keep the car running smoothly. Canvas has partnered with Assurant to facilitate the services your car needs. Canvas covers service completed at approved service locations, which likely includes a service center near you.
To make a service appointment
- Find a location using the approved repair facility locator at www.canvas.autorepairlist.com.
- Call the service center to schedule your appointment, and mention that your car is covered under the Assurant Fleet Account.
- Bring your car to the service center, and tell the technician they can call (844) 294-8006 and select option 3 for guidance on managing your repair.
- If the service center requests payment, tell them to bill the Assurant Fleet Account. Any questions regarding payment can be answered at (844) 294-8006 by selecting option 3.
It's best to visit a service center Monday through Saturday before 5 PM, so technicians can reach Assurant by phone for service approvals. If you need service outside of the hours that you can reach Assurant by phone, you can also pay at time of service at an approved repair facility and email Canvas support for reimbursement. Assurant representatives are available by phone:
- Monday to Friday: 7AM-5PM Pacific
- Saturday: 9AM-5PM Pacific
Whenever possible, service will be completed the same-day. If you need to leave your car overnight, we'll cover a rental car for you.
To use rental coverage
Once Assurant has been notified by the service center of the work that's being done on the car, they'll create a record of your service with a unique claim number. You can then contact Assurant for help reserving a rental car if maintenance can't be completed the same day. Before calling, we recommend that you write down the service claim number or your VIN to aid in identifying your information. When you're ready:
- Call (844) 294-8006 and select option 3 to be connected with Assurant.
- Once you're connected to Assurant, select option 1 to request a rental car.
- A representative will confirm your coverage, reserve you a rental car, and arrange payment.
- Pick up your rental car.
- Return the rental vehicle when your Canvas car is ready to be picked up.
Rental cars can be reserved in this way from 6AM-3PM Pacific, Monday through Friday. Alternatively, you can visit a rental car provider like Enterprise Rent-A-Car to pick up a car on your own, and contact Canvas support with the details.
We cover up to $40 per day in rental car fees so you can keep driving. You may not find an exact replacement for your Canvas car, but you'll have keys and wheels with no out of pocket costs. Rental cars used during covered maintenance are covered under your Canvas insurance policy, so you don't have to purchase optional insurance coverage for the rental car. Some Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations can pick you up, so we recommend asking about this service when you reserve your vehicle.
If you’re looking for guidance on whether your car needs maintenance through an approved service provider or repairs through insurance, please see our related article.