When there’s been an accident, we want you to have the comfort of clear guidance to aid you in what is likely a stressful time. To that end, here are the steps you can follow:
- Check well-being and safety - reach out for medical assistance or move to a safe place
- Notify authorities - call police for help with traffic safety and accident reporting
- Exchange information - name, contact info, insurance info, vehicle info, location
- Document - get police report, take photos, identify witnesses
- Contact insurance - call Liberty Mutual to open a claim
If anyone has been injured, contact emergency responders by calling 911. Otherwise move to safety and notify police of the accident. Once the scene is safe, exchange information with any other drivers involved in the accident. At your earliest convenience, call Liberty Mutual at 1(800) 362-0000 to start the claim process and to receive expert guidance on your next steps. You can then notify Canvas of the accident when you have the time and space to connect with us.